1. Question : Hemolytic disease of the newborn (HDN) can occur if the mother:
2. Question : Examination of the throat in a child demonstrating signs and symptoms of acute epiglottitis may contribute to which life-threatening complication?
3. Question : If the sinoatrial (SA) node fails, then at what rate (depolarizations per minute) can the atrioventricular (AV) node depolarize?
4. Question : What is the ratio of coronary capillaries to cardiac muscle cells?
5. Question : Which cytokines initiate the production of corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH)?
6. Question : What process allows the kidney to respond to an increase in workload?
7. Question : Which type of antibody is involved in type I hypersensitivity reaction?
8. Question : Causes of hyperkalemia include:
9. Question : What is the first stage in the infectious process?
10. Question : Which statement is true concerning the IgM?
11. Question : An infant has a loud, harsh, holosystolic murmur and systolic thrill that can be detected at the left lower sternal border that radiates to the neck. These clinical findings are consistent with which congenital heart defect?
12. Question : What is the chief predisposing factor for respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) of the newborn?
13. Question : Which cardiac chamber has the thinnest wall and why?
14. Question : What is the direct action of atrial natriuretic hormone?
15. Question : What is the primary site for uncomplicated local gonococci infections in men?
16. Question : Which statement concerning benign tumors is true?
17. Question : Which of the following is classified as a megaloblastic anemia?
18. Question : Apoptosis is a(an):
19. Question : What is the functional unit of the kidney called?
20. Question : Which hepatitis virus is known to be sexually transmitted?
21. Question : The glomerular filtration rate is directly related to which factor?
22. Question : Decreased lung compliance means that the lungs are demonstrating which characteristic?
23. Question : What is the most common cause of iron deficiency anemia (IDA)?
24. Question : Which drug may be prescribed orally for outbreak management of herpes simplex viral (HSV) infections?
25. Question : In a normal, nonmutant state, an oncogene is referred to as a:
26. Question : What is the primary cause of respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) of the newborn?
27. Question : Fetal hematopoiesis occurs in which structure?
28. Question : Deficiencies in which element can produce depression of both B- and T-cell function?
29. Question : Phagocytosis involves neutrophils actively attacking, engulfing, and destroying which microorganisms?
30. Question : Which hormone is synthesized and secreted by the kidneys?
31. Question : Which congenital heart defects occur in trisomy 13, trisomy 18, and Down syndrome?
32. Question : Which laboratory test is considered adequate for an accurate and reliable diagnosis of gonococcal urethritis in a symptomatic man?
33. Question : During an IgE-mediated hypersensitivity reaction, which leukocyte is activated?
34. Question : What is the life span of platelets (in days)?
35. Question : What is the role of caretaker genes?
36. Question : Which blood cell type is elevated at birth but decreases to adult levels during the first year of life?
37. Question : Which term is used to identify the movement of gas and air into and out of the lungs?
38. Question : In which primary immune deficiency is there a partial-to-complete absence of T-cell immunity?
39. Question : Which substance has been shown to increase the risk of cancer when used in combination with tobacco smoking?
40. Question : Which statement concerning exotoxins is true?
41. Question : Which type of immunity is produced by an individual after either natural exposure to the antigen or after immunization against the antigen?
42. Question : Research supports the premise that exercise has a probable impact on reducing the risk of which cancer?
43. Question : What part of the kidney controls renal blood flow, glomerular filtration, and renin secretion?
44. Question : What is the fundamental physiologic manifestation of anemia?
45. Question : Between which months of age does sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) most often occur?
46. Question : What is the purpose of the spirometry measurement?
47. Question : Carcinoma in situ is characterized by which changes?
48. Question : The drug heparin acts in hemostasis by which processes?
49. Question : The coronary ostia are located in the:
50. Question : Blood vessels of the kidneys are innervated by the:
51. Question : Which term is used to describe a muscle cell showing a reduced ability to form new muscle while appearing highly disorganized?
52. Question : Which statement best describes a Schilling test?
53. Question : What is the major concern regarding the treatment of gonococci infections?
54. Question : What is the action of urodilatin?
55. Question : How is most carbon dioxide (CO2) in the blood transported?
56. Question : The most common site of metastasis for a patient diagnosed with prostate cancer is which location?
57. Question : Immunoglobulin E (IgE) is associated with which type of hypersensitivity reaction?
58. Question : Which immunoglobulin (Ig) is present in childhood asthma?
59. Question : The Papanicolaou (Pap) test is used to screen for which cancer?
60. Question : The risk for respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) decreases for premature infants when they are born between how many weeks of gestation?