Jazz Co. provides another employee, Mary with the following during the year: A voucher to a day spa valued at $280. Flowers every month valued at $20…
Jazz Co. provides another employee, Mary with the following during the year:
• A voucher to a day spa valued at $280.
• Flowers every month valued at $20 per bunch.
• Relocation expenses for Mary’s furniture and home contents because she
was transferred from the Sydney office to the Melbourne office.
• A loan of $3,000 for Mary to pay for her children’s school fees. They
charge her 3.5% interest per annum. The loan was taken out on the 1
April 2014 and remains unpaid. The statutory rate is 5.95%.
• Jazz Co. pays $800 to Telstra relating to Mary’s home telephone account.
50% of the telephone usage was for business purposes.
Calculate the taxable value for FBT purposes of the benefits provided to Mary?