*Directions: Use APA formatting for any in-text citations and references. I am not looking for an essay just individual responses to the following 6 questions. No word limit.
Project Management Discussion Questions
1. To develop a schedule for a project, we will use the concept of a project network, which shows work activities taken from the work breakdown structure and is organized according to the logical flow in time and relationships governing when the work will be performed. By combining this network of work activities with estimates of the time duration for performing each of the activities, we can create a schedule for the project work. What types of information can we learn about the project by reviewing the project schedule and all the information used to generate it?
2. There are two common views of the WBS – the Network Diagram and the Gantt Chart. The Gantt Chart is where you view the work packages and the tasks associated with each work package. The project network is where you view the work packages in logical order. The Gantt Chart view is the WBS hierarchical view. Which one do you prefer? What are some instances when you would (need) use the Network Diagram instead of the WBS, and vice versa? Why?
3. Since slack is such a critical component to keeping the project on schedule, as well as provide flexibility for the PM to manage emergencies, what are some examples of how anticipated slack can be used to a project managers advantage when the schedule is being planned?
1. As we have seen, traditional and Agile schedule developments are quite different. Agile project management was originally developed to do software development. Could a traditional process be successfully used to develop a new software program? Why or why not? Could an Agile methodology be used to build a strip mall in your home town? Why or why not?
2. What issues do you see in agile scheduling in traditional project management?
3. What, in your opinion, do you see the differences of agile project management versus traditional project management?