https://uniessaywriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/LOG-300x75.png 0 0 developer https://uniessaywriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/LOG-300x75.png developer2020-08-09 13:39:352020-08-09 13:39:351) Identify and discuss the three building blocks of organizational structure. 2) What is the relationship between a company's corporatelevel
1) Identify and discuss the three building blocks of organizational structure. 2) What is the relationship between a company’s corporatelevel
Consider the case of a manufacturing firm that purchases subassemblies from a supplier, creates a finished product, and then sells that product to a wholesale distributor. What advantages might this firm gain from forward integration? From backward integration? What potential pitfalls of vertical integration might the firm face?
- Give an example of an industry that has recently undergone a technological paradigm shift. What impact did the shift have on established companies and on new entrants to the industry?
- Explain the principles of agency theory, including the issues it addresses. What are some effective ways to deal with agency problems, as implied or stated by agency theory?
- List and describe each of the four basic global strategies.
- Whirlpool, a leading U.S. maker of household appliances, has a wholly owned subsidiary that is responsible for research and development (R&D), manufacturing, and sales in over two dozen European countries, from Norway to Greece. What are some of the potential advantages that Whirlpool may gain from its use of a wholly owned subsidiary for global expansion? What are some of the potential disadvantages?
- Describe the difference between Shareholders and Stakeholders perspectives when it comes to the corporation. Give three examples of a lapse in ethics which may have been avoided by an emphasis on the stakeholders.
- What is organizational culture and why is it so important to the firm?