Pages 76-81 – https://www.com/annualreport/2015/bin/assets/IBM-Annual-Report-2015.pdf Use the IBM Financial Report and the excerpted IBM Financial…
Pages 76-81 – https://www.ibm.com/annualreport/2015/bin/assets/IBM-Annual-Report-2015.pdf
Use the IBM Financial Report and the excerpted IBM Financial Statements. NOTE: FOR ANY RATIO THAT REQUIRES YOU TO USE NET SALES IN THE COMPUTATION, USE TOTAL REVENUES. Round all amounts to the nearest two decimal places.
26. Was the computation of comprehensive income for IBM shown 1-at the bottom of the income statement; 2-on a separate schedule reconciling net income to comprehensive income; or 3-on the expanded statement of equity?
27. Was IBM’s cash flow statement prepared using the direct or indirect method?
28. Which SPECIFIC investing or financing activity USED the most cash during 2015?
29. Which SPECIFIC investing or financing activity PROVIDED the most cash during 2015?
30. On the Statement of Financial Position (Balance Sheet) on December 31, 2015, what does the balance of the account “Noncontrolling Interest” represent?
Use the information in the “Significant Accounting Policies” in the complete financial report to answer the following questions. On the financials,the LETTER of the note giving further explanation of the account is given–you can use the table of contents to more easily find specific notes.
31. Are IBM’s marketable securities accounted for as trading securities or available for sale securities? Where are the unrealized gains and losses on valuation reported?