Part 2: Job Search Strategies
Watch the job search videos in CandidCareers. You can access these through CareerQuest. Take notes! (No submission is required). Start with these videos, then browse the rest in the job searching category:
- Job Searching 101
- Getting Connected
- Treat Your Job Search like a Job
- Be Flexible at First
- Investigate the Company and Industry
- Keep an Open Mind
- Business Analyst
Read “Networking and Informational Interviewing.”
Read “Managing Your Online Reputation: Social Media and Networking.”
Watch some of the following videos. There are much more… View whatever is of your interest.
For this part of the discussion you will answer the questions below the list of videos. Please scroll down!
Discussion post: In a minimum of 150 words, answer the following questions:
- Explain what surprised you the most about the readings and videos from this week. Why do you think you were surprised?
- How would you describe your personal job search strategies?
- Discuss what you feel you need to do to prepare for your future career?
- Reflection – the students also should include a paragraph in the initial response in their own words reflecting on specifically what they learned from the assignment and how they think they could apply what they learned in the workplace.
You are expected to make your own contribution in a main topic (parts 1 and 2) as well as respond with value added comments to the questions in part 2 to at least two of your classmates as well as to your instructor.